I Am Forever Queird: Hey everyone! Today is the Statewide GENDA Call in Day! Basically what you do, is go to the link I'm posting, find which...
I just called Senator Steve Saland & spoke to one of his staff. Please..if you believe that transgender and gender non-conforming people deserve to have their rights protected like everyone else..PLEASE..I urge you to call your senator & urge them to pass this legislation!
Make sure that you call it the Gender Expression Non Discrimination Act. It is Bill No. S.6349.
Helpful talking points:
- All hardworking New Yorkers, including people who are transgender, should have the chance to earn a living and provide for themselves and their families.
- 16 states and the District of Columbia have already passed similar protections.
- Earlier this spring, the New York State Assembly passed GENDA for the fifth time.
- Polling indicated that nearly 80% of New Yorkers agree that civil rights must include their transgender friends and neighbors.
- Almost 60% of New Yorkers are already covered with such protections through non-discrimination ordinances at the county and city level. What we need now is a statewide bill.
PLEASE TUMBLR! BOOST THIS SIGNAL LIKE CRAZY!!